Epson 2200 Ink low/issues

I believe the 2200 needs some service/calibration, not sure if anyone specific helps out with it, but it would be much appreciated to be able to use. Sucks paying for failed/streaky prints.

1 Like

I’m sorry you had problems with that printer. I will take a look at it and see if I can get it healthy again. I’m trying to balance if we really need that took now that we have a color laser in the space.

I have a lot of 11x14/11x17 artwork I wanted to get printed up, and figured that was the printer to do it on. I didn’t think the other printers were set up for that size.

1 Like

IIRC, you can load sheets of paper on the big large format printer instead of using the rolls, it’s a setting on the printer, I am not quite sure how, but it’s possible.

I didn’t realize until last night that we even had a smaller photo printer! eek lol

That being said, it seems like it’d be a quicker easier tool for smaller print jobs than the super awesome wide format (as far as set up, plus the training requirement, etc…).

I do have a question about the smaller one that’s being discussed in this thread…
What are the costs in using it?

As long as their is room and interest in it, I’d say it would be a great tool to keep around! As awesome as having the Xerox Phaser color printer is, it’s NOT a color photo printer! :wink:

I think they print about the same speed. The 7880 does have the limitation
of only being able to load one sheet at a time. The 2200 may have a multi
sheet tray?

The 2200 may end up costing more to use if we’re forced to use OEM
cartridges. I keep the 7880 cost low by using refillable cartridges. Paper
costs the same.

1 Like

Thanks for the info Steve (@pandabob)! :smile:

Any possibility of refillable cartridges on the 2200?

So what’s the status? Will it be refilled, or removed? I’d rather use the 2200 over the 7800 regardless. It’s quicker, easier, and doesn’t intimidate me :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve ordered a set to see if they work.

1 Like

Let Steve get the machine up and working (if it can) and I will default to his pricing per sheet and all that will be filtered into his account for the printing as the norm for printing.

2 Likes

Great, thank you! Let me know if/when it’s working and price per sheet for lustrous 11x17/13x19 :smile: