Epilog Zing questions

I took the Zing training long before it moved into (the orange room formerly known as 3D Fab). It now has auxiliary blowers, filters, exhaust or whatever.

Although I think I know, what needs to be turned on to use the Zing? And where is the appropriate fire extinguisher? Thanks.

Last I used it (which is when it was moved into orange), it needed…

-Air assist from the airbrush compressor
-Exhaust via the extractor
-The job sent from the local computer via USB
-Power from the UPS
-Possibly an interlock from the RCA jack on the back of the laser. Just need to connect the two terminals on the jack. There may be a cable stashed nearby, or under the laser.

I’m not sure on the fire extinguisher. I think we were borrowing one from somewhere else in the space as needed.

1 Like

Thanks. Everything on your list is as I expected. It was already cabled and powered so I didn’t check that part of it.

Except I couldn’t find any fire extinguisher when I was in there today.

Since I’m guessing we haven’t run many Zing classes since it was moved, we might need to add some signage. It will run without the exhaust extractor powered up, and possibly without the air assist.

Could someone on @team_laser please check and see if there is a fire extinguisher in there for the Zing? I’m hoping that I just missed it, but it seems important that there should be one in there.

Do we still have the extinguishers made from paintball bottles?