Epilog Fusion Stopped Working (Drive Error)

The Epilog Fusion worked fine for me for several jobs this afternoon, but while updating the focus for a new material, it crashed with the error “Drive Error - Component Missing on Boot X Drive”.

Switching the machine off and on results in the same error on startup each time.

I placed an “Out of Order” note on the machine. I could not find the “Issues and Requests” category to report this. Please let me know if there is anything else I should do while I’m still here. Thanks!

PS: A few minutes later, another member noticed that two of the Thunder lasers stopped working too, so it could be a network issue.

You probably need to get your “green dot” so you can see the category.

Otherwise, @Team_Laser has maintenance tonight and will most likely take a look

2 Likes

To get your green dot, go to the Members Access - Green Dot category, and put in a request.

Talk is a totally separate program from any of the membership-driven things, so it needs a manual boost to know that you’re a member.

2 Likes

It is fixed now. Not sure what the issue was, but after doing a hard reset of the machine it seemed to reconnect to the driver and was working again!

2 Likes

Thank you!

What “driver” are we talking about here? The job is in the machine. It shouldn’t need a PC connection to run the job. My Fusion at work did this to me today and won’t quit bitching about “drive X”.

I assumed when this was posted that the error message was…

Drive Error
Component Missing on Boot
X Drive

Which implies (to me) that the embedded controller couldn’t talk to the X axis motor drive on boot.

1 Like

Yep. Because it’s the same problem I had today.