Epilog Fusion and Rotary Engraving

I have a couple of glasses to etch on the Fusion. Can anyone confirm the working status of the laser and the rotary attachment? Just checking before I get started.

Used it this past week and it’s working as expected. I don’t know of any issues that have cropped up and affect rotary operation.

Thanks Jim for confirmation. Next up I read through the laser wiki page and see that the Epilog Fusion was not grandfathered with laser basics. I’ve produced a number of projects on the Thunder lasers including multiple projects on the Thunder’s rotary. My project is for an event two weeks from now* and I might need to find an alternative. @cvrana Is there any chance you might be willing to schedule a training class this coming week?

*The project is to etch margarita class trophies for the Cedar Creek Parrot Head Club’s Annual Margarita Mix-Off. CCPH is a 401c3 which raises ~100K / year for charity, mostly a cancer charity. Come join us September 18th if you are in the area.

I don’t have one on the calendar and most of the time I set classes for 7-9 days out, but if you’d like I can set up a 1-on-1 with you sometime in the next few days to get you checked off on the fusion if you’d like?

Chris that would be really great. I’ll PM you some times that I can come up to the space. I’ll try to finish out the Lewisville Library online training so you will not need to spend too much time reviewing basic things.

@cvrana or @hon1nbo, anyone able to teach me how to use the rotory on the fusion laser? Would love to do a couple of projects on this. Thanks,

Colby Sherman

if you’re at the space tomorrow at either 5pm or after 9pm, I’ll be able to give you a quick refresher.

I’m actually at a wedding tomorrow and Saturday. I have a bit of free time Sunday, would you be able to do something Sunday evening?

I think I’ll be at the space for a bit sunday afternoon if you’ll be there then.

1 Like

Sweet, I will be there!

What time this evening will you be at the shop? I just got back in town from a weekend wedding, would around 7-8pm work?

If need be, I may be able to be there a little earlier