Engine cases....but not quite automotive

I picked up a couple of these this morning - future “man cave/ woman cave” coffee table material or ??? me thinks…

The voices in my head tell me not to stray from the path when I travel…but I couldn’t resist. The shop owner Mario and his nephew are fantastic! Mario has been doing this architectural /salvage gig for a couple of decades.

If the weather had been a little warmer - maybe 50, instead on 37…then I would have spent more time looking through the shelves and cubbies of hardware, aircraft parts, and misc, but the cold made everything less entertaining today.

For those that venture beyond the DFW area:
Yeyas antiques and oddities
1423 E Commerce St, San Antonio, TX 78205

more pics:

5 Likes

Are those radial engine cases?

2 Likes

Affirmative - still in the cosmolene (spelling?)
(that is a yes for the yutes)
No 8130 though

Were there any of the jugs around? or Cams - very different from automotive cams.

1 Like

Too bloody cold to continue looking

Guy has a shite tonne of old aircraft items both new in the boxes never used nor opened to used & damaged.

The wind was rough & with the 35 degree temp it felt very very un Texas like even in Feb (yes I am older and do feel it more).

Now - if wanted a vintage chaff dispenser & control head - he could fix you up. He also has numerous indicators and other control heads.
His nephew asked me what the IFF was for on one of them (brought back good memories of my radar days & the apx72 & apx100)

1 Like

older code

4 Likes

Cool shit. I love that stuff.

1 Like

He had some giant crankshafts - about five or six feet long with 10 throws on them, just laying on the ground. New old stock.
He isn’t an aircraft guy, and not a car guy…