Emergency Lights and Exit signs

Our recent power outage showed us the need for some emergency lighting. Infrastructure has purchased some emergency lighting.

Some will replace existing Exit signs:

and some will be new installs,

20180823_145408

Anyone that is willing to install these, please contact @Team_Infrastructure

:warning: **NOTE**: This category is **NOT** for discussion threads. Any "discussion" will be split out by one of the TALK Moderators to create a separate "discussion thread".
7 Likes

@Team_Infrastructure Let me know when and I’d be willing to help out if possible.

Since this is under volunteer opportunities it’s up to the volunteer. Doocracy. I know. It’s such a dirty word these days.

Okie doke, depending on my rustiness I could get a couple taken care of after a class this evening. Don’t want to infringe on tour night though. @Team_Infrastructure

1 Like

Do-ocracy isn’t a dirty word… its just that some people don’t take other members into consideration when they are doing their version of do-ocracy. Real do-ocracy takes into account the needs and wants of everyone involved, not just the individual. For instance, I don’t see a great need for these lights, because nearly everyone has a phone with a light in it. There were a number of people that expressed a concern over lack of lighting during the power outage, and these lights are pretty inexpensive, so Infrastructure bought them anyway. Now we have a few volunteers that can install the lights on the volunteers schedule, and in the case of the non-exit lights the exact location of the installation will be up to the volunteer.

3 Likes

Aren’t these going to need 120V hookups ?

120 or 208/240 AC

We definitely need one in each of the restrooms

2 Likes

I also picked up some plug in night light/emergency lights for the bathrooms and classrooms.

20180823_193606

5 Likes

May the mess of a thousand makers infest your home if you take any of these…

5 Likes

Super Glue!

Sorry @StanSimmons class was longer than I thought, I’m glad to work on it whenever I’m up there time permitting. If someone could give a refersher on the wiring side that would help, my last installs were at Walmart and more “get this shit to light up for compliance comes in” sooooooo, yeah I don’t want to burn my DMS down