Embroidery thread design resource - RGB values

Sulky brand (machine) embroidery thread is the thread most commonly available in the big bolt stores (i.e., JoAnn). If you are designing your own stitching, here is a cross reference chart of the Sulky threads with their corresponding RGB values.

This would be particularly valuable if you are digitizing (programming) a photograph.

3 Likes

Thats very helpful! Are you going to teach us how to digitize a photo for embroidery??? Drooling

When we bought the larger set it came with a sulky flyer to send in to receive a color guide to be added to the white stickers in the case. I sent it off with our specific set (which wasn’t listed)…and I got it back a few weeks later saying they don’t have stickers for our set and to hand write in all the data. Grrrrr so silly.

1 Like

Last night I digitized and test stitched this image. It’s Rev 0 (and needs some cleanup) and I learned a lot about what to do and what not to do both with the programming and with designing the image. I don’t think I’m smart enough to teach anybody yet.

6 Likes

Can you post the original image as well?

Here is what I drew as my “original image”. You can see that there are some differences between what I wanted it to look like and how I had to “trick” SewArt. SewArt isn’t very good at distinguishing between similar colors so I had to exaggerate them. I had to make the outline stitch a completely different color so it could be selected as a different area than the fill. I also had intended to outline the text with running stitches but that didn’t work out very well. Originally those letters were outlined in purple but when I figured out that wouldn’t work I had to revert back to solid fill.

4 Likes

That still looks good Chris.

2 Likes