Embroidery machine training and info?

I am interested in doing some embroidery on blackout curtain cloth… what do I need to know, and what training should I get before doing so?

Both of our embroidery machines require training. I really can’t do anything before 3/14.
@ladysandry?

And – what did you want to embroider on the cloth? There’s a few alphabets on the Babylock. It uses (I think) SewArt for the files. Most of the folks that sell embroidery files sell the compatible version. You might look on our wiki for some details. We’ve got another machine, but it’s newer to us, and I haven’t played with it yet.

1 Like

I’m not set on anything in particular just yet, was just thinking it’d be nice to be able to spice up the curtains a bit. Probably won’t be text. Small graphics like shapes or maybe flowers.

Here’s a link. Chris (John) Marlow mentioned this company way back when I took the class from her. This link should lead you straight to some free designs. Limit 3 per week w/out purchase.

https://www.embroiderydesigns.com/freeembroiderydesigns.aspx?Category=plants

1 Like

Good morning, I intend to put some classes up soon but I’m waiting on a shipment of stabilizer to come in. :slight_smile: We ran out of the good stuff. I’ll post on here once I submit the class

5 Likes

thanks for this! I’ll see what stuff I like while I wait for the fabric to be delivered.