EM bowling machine

I came across an Em bowling machine, pins go up when puck goes over switch. They are asking $750. The play surface and back fleas look pretty good. Does anyone have any experience with these and or know their value. I rebuilt a pinball machine and think it would be the same technology.

Thanks in advance

Shuffle bowlers are fun to play and use the same technology and many of the same parts as an EM pinball machine. The biggest issue with them is the amount of space needed to have them in a game room. They are not too complicated on the electrical and mechanical design but due to the shear number of switches, relays, steppers and score reels they do take some time to go through and clean/adjust for proper operation. Manual/schematics are available and many parts are also available including new flip down bowling pin plastics. The bow-tie shaped gears that help them retract fully are difficult to source since they seem to always be broken and leave the pin where the bottom hangs down a little when retracted up.

If this game is truely fully working you are probably looking at about $750-900 actual value. If not working they are hard to sell for half that. Make sure it has the legs with it if you but it.

I just sold my shuffle bowler project after nearly 4 years of being listed for half of what I paid for the game. They are extremely heavy and difficult to move and take up a lot of floor space so most people do not have room for one in their game rooms. The game in the photo does look to be in nice shape. I notice the coin door is not original but that does not really hurt anything except the price a little. With a few jones plugs disconnected in the back cabinet and a few bolts removed the pin assembly and lane should be able to be pulled out and separated from the back cabinet.

This game probably weighs around 600-700 pounds. The back part is extremely top heavy and is mostly empty in the bottom so the moment you try to tip it on a dolly it gets very heavy to hold in a hurry. The lanes and pin setter assembly is probably about 150-200 pounds of the total weight.

Thanks alot Shawn. I didn’t realize they weighed that much. Just based on that, I think I will pass on it this year.

I really appreciate the info.

1 Like