Elegoo Jupiter kickstarter super good deal

kickstarter right now 40% off, huge resin printer

2 Likes

buy buy buy!

What are your thoughts on chitubox locking and do you think it’s worth it to buy a second resin tank?

I currently only use chitubox but I don’t like that they’re moving towards locking the hardware and could end up forcing us to pay the annual fee for the pro version.

1 Like

Probably, not much more expensive to buy the extra tank; honestly, I have a feeling someone will figure out how to unlock the printers, so I am not worried about Chitubox.

I think DMS should buy one!

1 Like

From the Kickstarter page…

Jupiter comes with a one-year CHITUBOX Pro license(Reg.$169) for FREE. CHITUBOX core supports mainstream CAD File Formats. Versatile editing tools. Professional model repair toolset. Smart supports adding. Fast model slicing. Also compatible with CHITUBOX Basic and other third-party slicers.

I guess Chitubox has an SDK to allow other slicers to export to a .ctb format. That’s supposed to allow third-party slicers. No one knows yet if this is what they mean or what. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Someone just posted the FAQs for the Jupiter.

https://www.elegoo.com/blogs/jupiter/elegoo-jupiter-frequently-asked-questions

Number 7 talks about using other slicers…

1. Is Jupiter still use the Chitubox board? Can I use other slicers to work with this machine?
    Yep. If you get the machine you will get a year free license to use the Chitubox Pro. After the license expires, you can continue to use the Chitubox basic. And Chitubox and Lychee Slicer have negotiated the SDK file issue, and we believe you will soon be able to use Lychee Slicer on Jupiter.
2 Likes