Electronics Lab Purge - Last Chance to Get Parts

Ugh. I was there last night, not going to make it tonight.
If you get the urge to throw out any kind of lamps or light bulbs, please don’t – I’ll take them.

Sorry, we are not sorting or holding stuff. If it is useful it will go in a bin until end of the week.

How late do you guys think you will be there tonight? I need to probably pick up my adafruit order but today is my sons birthday.

I’ll be here until we are done. At least until 8-9pm.

I am going to be a bit late considering the traffic map appears to have bled out on itself.

Well, obviously you must be sorting things, if you’re making a determination (on what criteria?) as to what “is useful” (to whom?).

I think what he means is that sorting parts for you opens up a can of worms for picking favorites and “you didn’t tell me I could call stuff!!!”. So we just aren’t doing that as a policy. But maybe I’m reading too much into that.

Eargh… work sucked me back in before I left… I hope you guys have had good luck on this. Sorry about not making it out.

If it was through hole and there were a bunch, it was kept. If it was SMT and there was a reel’s worth it was kept. The packs of small quantities were dumped. There are bins of it outside the room that you can pick through for donations.

Bins are not included and should not be taken.

TheLab.ms in Plano would love to pick up anything left over. We just started getting our electronics lab together and are not picky. :wink:

Love to help get you started. We set aside some good stuff. Probably be able to help with some gear too.

2 Likes

End of what week? Like in two days?

Thanks to all who came out last night. We really went through all the parts. Good useful stuff was set aside. The rest went into the bins in the hallway.

Feel free to take what you want and please make a donation to electronics. We already collected about $60.

A Super Thanks goes out to, in no particular order:

@coloneldan (always pitching in around the space), @Kluper (excellent choice of food!), @wandrson (parts evaluation coordinator), @artg_dms (trusty sidekick who reminds me to keep something), @AlexRhodes (master box manipulator), @Robert_Davidson(access to the bullet time system), @mrcity (enthusiastic repurposer), @childofthehorn (the brakes on Mr. City), @uglyknees (could not sway her to take parts for art), @Raymond (parts parser extraordinaire, and big spender)

I’m sure I missed a few, so pat yourselves on the back, you deserve it!

4 Likes

It will stay as long as people don’t trash the area. At least until Friday the 19th.

@Lampy thanks for the shout out and thank you for the outstanding leadership you provide in the Electronics committee. I don’t feel like I did a lot, but because everyone did their part it went rather quickly I thought. Thanks, too for the old storage frame/cart parts. I’m going to use them to construct a storage cart for the Foundry to put their stained glass tools and glass in. It will make relocating the materials for a stained glass class much easier.

I too want to chip in for any replacement parts you need for the PCB mill. Put me down for $50 if it comes down to needing to purchase replacement parts. (I may have some parts, too so let me know the model numbers of parts before you purchase)

I’m still a real newby when it comes to electronics. Since my undergraduate studies were in computer science, I’ve only really tinkered with electronics, but I am really enjoying the Arduino and Raspberry Pi experiments I’ve been doing. It is amazing how much computing power you can buy for less than $50 these days.

We have some great people at DMS with a great deal of knowledge that they are always willing to share, too. I look forward to more electronics classes.

3 Likes

@Lampy You forgot one… That’s my red shirted arm off the pic to the left. :slightly_smiling:

Thanks for the parts. I hope my donation helps, but put me down for another $50 towards making the PCB mill right.

Raymond

My brain is mush, sorry. You have been immortalized above.

I gotta get to a gym :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know that feeling! :slightly_smiling:

This diet thing is going OK, but I need to up my activity level.

I posted above on this thread about an audio amp I had there in the box. I was there last night (Thu.) looking for it. Was it put away somewhere?