Electronics Garage Sale & Swap Meet, April 30th 6-8 pm South Workshop Tables

Come out April 30th 6pm to swap/sell your prized cache of electronic goodies!

BTW, you have to take your stuff home!

2 Likes

I think that is a great idea! @artg_dms doesn’t have enough stuff from Fred’s at his house, so he needs to acquire more stuff!

Yeah, if we just brought in the stuff from Fred’s we could have a huge garage sale. I’m sure I could come up with Radio Shack or other stuff to put into the garage sale, too. It would be interesting to combine this with the open house. Might be able to raise a few dollars for electronics if some of the stuff were donated.

We might be able to get the retro-pc guys involved, too. I’m sure there are those of us with some old PC junk to put into the mix. I think I have some old ethernet PCI cards somewhere:slight_smile:

Thoughts?

Let’s break this out into a separate thread. I’d like for it to happen while I’m in town though. :slight_smile:

Oh gosh, I’m totally for this idea.

Can we do it in the evening on 30th? Or sometime on Sunday the 1st? Or the following weekend?

I have small test equipment, Arduino shields, and other items I can bring.

The DMS Potluck is the evening of the 30th.

We can eat and trade :slight_smile:

I can bring some venison sausages that night.

So this would be a smaller version of the 1st Saturday in Dallas?

1 Like

I will try to put some surplus electronics together to bring if I can make it.

Mitch, you would have loved the first Saturday sidewalk sale back when it was in the parking lots around Ross and Ruth. It used to be hundreds of vendors that setup Friday afternoon and it ran until mid-afternoon Saturday. Back in the early 90’s when I was a teenager I found so much cool stuff there… The sidewalk sale has faded into a tiny shadow of what it had been in the 80’s and 90’s.

1 Like

Don’t forget the sausage guy. Nothing better that german sausages for breakfast.

1 Like

I remember The Wurst Wagon… Got breakfast off that food truck many times.

Those were the days! When I stopped selling I was officially the oldest, longest operating seller at the sale. Was doing that since 1992. :slight_smile:

I wish we had a bigger sale… Sigh.

You guys want to do this the evening of the 30th? I’ll be back from California and can bring some venison sausages to the potluck that is happening that evening.

Sounds great. Do we need to reserve some tables in the workshop?

Yep!

Putting on calendar for April 30th 6 pm - 8 pm on the worktable area south.

I think I went around late 98-99 or 2000, I bought a Mac all-in-one for $100, threw a free AOL CD and enjoyed ungodly slow dialup with a computer that could barely handle Netscape 4,0. Good times.

Thanks, when done can you edit the thread topic here and the initial post to reflect the date/time?

FYI dinner won’t start probably until 7ish I put 6 on the calendar so we could setup the room. Glad this is turning into an event!

Do I need to cook the sausages or will the cooking be done on site?