Elections are tomorrow. Please research and vote

Elections are Tuesday, 6 Nov. Please get involved and vote, including on “down ballot” races.

A good, nonpartisan resource for researching candidates and their positions is https://www.vote411.org/state_guide?state_id=Texas#.W-BeHNNMGEc

You can locate polling locations, research candidates, verify your voting eligibility, etc.

Vote informed.

9 Likes

I voted the second day of early voting.

5 Likes

My wife and I try to vote in both the primaries and the general elections and always take advantage of early voting. We also voted on the 2nd day of early voting.

IMHO, your vote is even more valuable in the primaries and off-year elections, since fewer voters leads to any given vote having more overall weight. This is also true in down-ballot races, where often just a few hundred votes might determine the outcome of a Judgeship or Commissioner position.

2 Likes

It was only about three years between the events in the movies…he might be up for re-election the next year.

just an aside

3 Likes

A friend tried early voting and it went horrible wrong. He apparently hit the wrong button or something and it wasn’t clear his vote counted or was an error. The election judge noted there was a problem and said he couldn’t confirm the vote took yet also stated there was nothing he could do and my friend was not allowed to try again. So, he doesn’t know if he actually voted or not.

BTW, people should be allowed to not vote in peace if that’s what they choose. I don’t believe in badgering or shaming people to vote if they don’t want to.

3 Likes

I don’t feel there is any badgering or shaming going on in this thread. I just hope that people make an informed vote by researching the candidates. Voting for (or against) a given candidate is fine, IMHO, as long as it’s an informed decision.

If you choose not to vote, that too is your right.

5 Likes

You are free to ignore your civic responsibility and just throw away the future of the country

5 Likes

Yeah, that kinda falls into the “shaming” category. :frowning:

5 Likes

I didn’t mean you were badgering but in general.

I actually have voted in every election since I was 18 though I may have missed a local election or runoff once or twice over the years but in general, being a contrarian, I feel telling people they must vote makes it more likely some will just vote based on feelings or because they heard someone say this or that and not really an informed choice. There is a reason people have to register and we don’t just allow everyone to vote if they don’t bother.

Don’t have anyone you want to vote for?
That’s ok. Go vote against someone.
I haven’t voted “for” anyone in almost 3 decades. Pathetic.
Important thing is you go exercise/preserve your right to gripe.

4 Likes

I always write in my own name. I have a really good feeling this year’s my year!

3 Likes

Dang it @mblatz. I already voted. Next time let me know you’re in contention. Good luck! As Kinky Friedman said when he ran for governor: How hard can it be?

1 Like

10 Likes

The pedestal I’ve placed you on just got 10 feet taller. I have a talking Kinky action figure that sits next to my Keith Richards action fogure. Ok, they’re dolls.

2 Likes

You are so Petty sometimes. I am an idiot.

1 Like

That’s the way a good governor or president should look like, a cross between Frank Zappa, Roy Orbison and Fidel Castro.

2 Likes

I prefer to have my vote count for more and hereby discourage everyone else from voting. I’m reliable and (sorta) smart, so, don’t you bother… I’ll make the right decisions for everyone else.

Just kidding. GO AND VOTE.

PS. Can I vote for the shark? Jaws would probably be better than most of the candidates that have been fielded lately.

5 Likes

you forgot the r baby

5 Likes