ELab - Stuff Left Out

You got the heat gun out and used it.

This is you getting ready to leave. You put away various things but for some reason left the heat gun out on the bench and its box on the table.

This is how I found them. Heat gun was still plugged in.

I cleaned up after you…you’re welcome…

You got the component tester out and set its manual to the side.
783 PM-cmpnttstrman01ed
This is how I found it.
470 PM-cmpnttstrman02ed
I put it back in the box w/ the tester…you’re welcome.

You broke the tip off the hakko soldering iron. You didn’t bother to report it. You just left it there on the bench.

1 Like

Good job, Art! I greatly appreciate the work of chairpersons. You have more than enough to do without having to track down irresponsible folks on video. I have seen mention a few times that these problems have gotten much worse as the membership has expanded rapidly in the last few months. If that is the case, I would support setting a limit of 1,500 and not accepting new members until the count drops down below that.

I’d like to see some kind of series of fines added to the offending member’s dues for that month.
For example: A flat fine/fee of $30.00 for the first offense. Second offense is $60.00. Third offense is $90.00. 4th offense you’re designated as a habitual problem and your membership privileges are suspended for (at least) 30 days. Fines/fees go to the committee where the offenses occurred. Evidence would be the video, which would be reviewed/evaluated by a group/committee and a verdict delivered. Refuse to pay the fine/fee and your membership is suspended until you do. Late fines/fees could be added.

Deliberate theft is an another issue.

Some are eager to drop the ban hammer. If the ban is from a committee area only, someone(s) has to make sure that member honors the ban and stays out of the committee area. A fine/fee system takes care of this and adds another method of discipline to the system. Yes, it adds another layer to the “bureaucracy” of DMS. Currently the only disciplinary action Chairs and the BoD have is to ban someone. It may be time to look into expanding the options.

Darn growing pains - take 2.

1 Like

All deliberate theft should be dealt with by permanent ban and legal action.

3 Likes

No argument here. Make sure all the evidence is in order and drop the hammer.
Note to would be thieves: Depending on the value of the theft, charges may go from misdemeanor to felony for stealing from a non-profit organization.

2 Likes

Gus did send a note about the Hako tip to the electronics mailing list.

3 Likes

Found it. It wouldn’t let me respond/post, but I found it.
Thanks

2 Likes