EGGBOT owners, Care to dust off your bots?

Hello Eggbot owners!
Do you plan to have a doodle session anytime soon? Yes, No, maybe? If No is the answer, Can i borrow one? (I’ll leave my DL haha) My family is getting excited about decorating eggs for the upcoming egg day! I would also like to do a preemptive decorating session for Christmas by decorating some glass orbs for the tree :smile:

Please email me if you can help ORRR let me know if a doodle session is or will be in the works.
Thank you!

-Robert Spera

Actually I was thinking we should have all EggBot owners bring them up for a little egg decorating next week. I have an original built from plans from Bruce Shapiro and a kit EggBot. I believe @apipe and @nick have a couple more.

That sounds like fun, I’m not sure of my full schedule for next week. But, I’ll try and get my egg bot to Lampy to help the doodle day.

I would love a doodle day!! I have no eggbot to contribute but I have sharpies, eggs and enthusiasm!

1 Like

I was thinking of Wednesday evening as we have the electronics committee meeting thursday at 5pm.

1 Like

This sounds great! When I told my wife about “Wednesday Doodle Day” (©Robert Spera) Her eyes got wide and she quickly question “Want me to boil some eggs?” Haha

The main issue with drawing on eggs is that they have to be dry, i.e. room temperature. That freaks some people out but it is fine for a short period.

We (my wife and I) found “fake eggs” at Walmart. 1 dz for $2? Pretty neat if you ask me!

Hopefully not these:

Wow! Just goes to show there is a video for everything!! Haha … So to specify, we fond Synthetic Hollow Egg Anologs… 1dz for $2 :wink:

Sounds like a fun time. I’m going to look for my eggbot tonight. I’m not sure how well it is still running, but they are pretty bullet proof. Hopefully @Lampy is able to get it talking to a computer. @Robert_Spera I got your email, and I’ll loan you my bot after the doodle day, we just need to setup when you would get it back to me.

Good conversation and the event should be fun.

I got out my Eggbot and my original Eggbot built from scratch. Not sure If I have time to get the scratch built one running as it needs a parallel port.

@Nick if you can get your Eggbot to the space today or tomorrow. You can put it in the Electronics Committee locker (369) or on a shelf in electronics.

Attendees, if you want to bring some of your own color sharpies, the ultra fine points are good for outlines and the fine point are good for fills. The fat sharpies won’t fit the holder at all.

See you there!

1 Like

I dropped off my Eggbot with Ken today. Hopefully he will have time to tune it up before the meet up.

1 Like

I am out of town but I would love to have my kids see this. I am going to ask my wife to bring them to watch. Her name is Elizabeth Johns.

Thank you for putting this together right before Easter. My kids are at the perfect age for this.

1 Like

In which section of Walmart did you find these “Synthetic Hollow Egg Analogs”?

1 Like

Easter section? Haha my Walmart has “Seasonal” near the entrance.

1 Like

1 Like

@Lampy