Thanks josh!

tomorrow at 3pm,
go to the class on the calendar
https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/15758

click the link at top of description to join video confernce at 3pm tomorrow

download ebay app on your phone

find 1 item in your house to sell

2 Likes

Seller gregparts-llc is a ROCKSTAR yesterday alone he sold over $400 dollars worth of products 18/22 of the products were 3D printed, that he designed himself! I bet his margins are spectacular due to 3d printing!
Are his margins over 50%?
I dont know about you, but that can buy a lot of double cheeseburgers and craft beer! Lets make it happen!

3d printed 14.95
3d printed 18.95
3d printed 11.95
3d printed 14.95
3d printed 14.95
3d printed 21.95
3d printed 17.95
3d printed 18.95
3d printed 17.95
3d printed 10.95
3d printed 4.95
3d printed 22.95
3d printed 22.95
3d printed 17.95
3d printed 11.95
3d printed 17.95
3d printed 19.95
3d printed 19.95
Total 447.86

his past transactions

1 Like

This is great Josh. Ive been thinking myself of doing something like this for some time. My problem it trying to settle on what I want to sell & if its worth my time.

2 Likes

Happy to help! Sign up for the class! Thank you for being such an amazing contributor to the community! :heart:

2 Likes

Shipping is a problem. I need someone to handle fulfillment.

1 Like

I know this isn’t the subject of your class, but I’m wondering if this guy is kicking anything back to Apple for using their trademark…

2 Likes

Josh - I think you’re a rockstar for organizing and promoting this. This is a great way for people to make a few spare $. Thank you.

3 Likes

Trademark is to protect identity. I doubt he’s pretending it’s an Apple computers product. Associating with a product for compatibility is completely legit.

Like Corter Leather just released a leather project for Zippo lighters.

You don’t have to pretend it’s -some company’s- product. Selling something with someone else’s IP can open you up to liability.

You can make a shirt with Mickey ears and wear it to Disney (when they re-open) and they don’t care. Sell a few hundred on Etsy and the C&D letter will be inbound.

1 Like

Yeah, but Disney is notorious for guarding their stuff. I am not even sure that they would let you in the gates with a handmade shirt.

1 Like

This is clearly not the case. It is “nominative fair use”.
https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/is-it-legal-to-reference-another-company-s-product-1957034.html

Let’s open another thread if you wish to continue. Focus of this one is @Josh_Melnick 's exciting class.

I just saw this thread on the weekly DMS email thread. Is there any chance you’ll be hosting again? I’ve just started cleaning up and listing old tools.

Hope to see the class again soon!!

1 Like

Yes! I started another thread for eBay class #2

1 Like

Got it! Thanks.

Outlook-p0kbkkvv.jpg

1 Like

Hello

What is the url if the #2 eBay class?

So I need to sign up for it; if so then how, please.

Thank you

Ron McKee

2 Likes

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/15773

3 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate the communication!

Ron M

2 Likes

Thanks Josh for teaching class. I have used Ebay in the past, but you showed me how to significantly improve sells. Please teach it again soon. I know friends that benefit.

1 Like