Easiest way to cut a circlular piece of plywood?

So what is the easiest way to cut a circular piece of plywood in the wood shop? (Other than doing it on the router, which is not an option today, nor for me, yet, as a non-completer of the training).
Do we have any jigs or like for doing it on table saw, or any other saw, for that matter?
Obviously I’ve checked out some online resources for this (you tube) but I wanted to see what others might have already done at the 'Space.

Thank you!

For future reference on the “today” portion, technically it could be done on the CNC router without the Jump server (which will hopefully be up soon). The pendant has some basic shape utilities built into it (including circles).

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

@Kentamanos I had forgotten about that. Thank you for the reminder! What about 3 equidistant holes around the perimeter? Not important, just curious…

@paulstaf Thank you for the vids. Those are cool!

There is a circle jig in the shop.

Also, how big (radius, diameter) is the circle you are interested in?

1 Like

If you can abide a hole in the center (maybe on a non showing face) then a hand held router in a trammel arm is your best bet. If there isn’t one already, it’s by far the simplest jig you could possibly imagine.

(This is even the case when the router table is an option. You want a plain old hand router.)

2 Likes

We have a circle jig that can be attached to the band saw. It is this one and in a box near the scroll saw.

Installation instructions

I have yet to use it. Let me know how it goes.

1 Like

I thought I included that in the original post, and I haven’t measured for sure yet, but I think about 24".

@AlexRhodes Thank you for the info. I’ll look into it and, if I use it, let you know.

Thank you to each of you for the input!