Dynatorch Training Class Inquiry

I’m very interested in the Dynatorch plasma table and was hoping someone could provide insight into the required trainings and availability of trainings required. Would greatly appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction - thanks in advance!

Look for a hot process training class, that’s required for dynatorch and welding. We sometimes squeeze in dynatorch training after the metal shop committee meeting, otherwise keep an eye on the calendar.

1 Like

I just checked the “events” page on the DMS website, which, if is the right place to look for upcoming trainings doesn’t appear to show another “hot process” training class through March 2022. It looks like the next “metal shop committee meeting” is 11/6. It could be that I’m looking in the wrong place for trainings - but if not, are there any other ways to get the training in advance of the 11/6 committee meeting (assuming that I could stick around for the possibility of a Dynatorch training that day)?

Classes are often posted the week or or week before, as we’re all volunteers teaching around our schedules. I doubt I’ll personally be able to get something up soon due to house hunting.

Understood - thanks for clarifying, Tails!

Soooooo… I’ve looked at my schedule, and – would Sunday 10/31 at 3pm or Monday 11/1 at 7 pm work better for you for the Hot Process Safety?

If hot process class is on a Sunday I could do a dynatorch class at 4 that afternoon.

With Sunday (10/31) being Halloween and with me having 9 kids who’ll want to be on the hunt for candy - I could likely only make Monday 11/1 work on my end. Super thankful for your willingness to give some options!

1 Like

Well, this particular Sunday is indeed Halloween. You don’t have kids in the bracket to trick or treat, Randy? I think I’ll do Monday. You could then do Dynatorch on the Sunday after the Metal Shop monthly meeting…

I’ll go with that, since Brad’s got a definite opinion.

Oops, forgot about Halloween. I grew up in Iowa and we had to tell jokes, when i moved to Texas and the kids would show up expecting candy without telling a joke I implemented an emergency Halloween joke bucket, if they don’t have a joke they can pull one out of the bicket, its way more fun, most neighborhood kids are prepared, some come with a list of jokes.

2 Likes

I’ve loaded the class. Since it’s my first November class, I set it up for honorarium, so it’ll be 72 hrs (3 days) before you can see it to register. I’ll post when it goes live. That should be after 8:30 pm on Sunday. Be aware that there’s a lag when a class first hits the Calendar. It’ll look open, but if you try to click on it, it’ll say it’s full. That should clear up pretty shortly and be available to sign up. And a caution – when you’ve registered, the registration pulls up with the cancellation button on the bottom. Don’t click it! It won’t let you sign up again if you’ve cancelled.

Thank you for being so helpful! This is my first class to register for and I don’t want to miss the opportunity.

1 Like

I just registered for the class - thanks!

1 Like