Dynatorch arc failure

I’m not putting this into the Issues as the issue could be with the setup.

I’ve opened the gcode in the Sheetcam, set the material and do a dry run on the 3/16" aluminum. When I click the lightning bolt, the z axis motor will adjust the torch to where it hits the material and then it backs off slightly. It tries to establish an arc for 5 seconds before it pops up an error message. I’ve tried changing out consumables and moving the position around to no avail. I don’t have much experience on the machine. Is their something I’m overlooking?

Thanks for any suggestions…

What error message is received? Does the Hyperthem have an error on its screen as well?

The error message on the software was, “Arc failed to establish in 5.0 seconds”, “Do you want to try again”? Their was an error light on the Hypertherm. I ended up cycling the power on the Hypertherm and it worked fine. In subsequent runs, I found that turning on the Hypertherm after the software was open (last step), seemed to work repeatedly. I’ll keep refining my setup.

Thanks for the prompt attention!
Joe

This should be your last step. If you change the consumables while the power is on, it (hypertherm)must be power cycled

Is there a way to scale the DXF in SheetCam? Or using Adobe, how do I ensure the dxf graphic size is correct for the dynatorch? I created a simple dxf in adobe in several inches of size, but it imports very large into SheetCam

When you import it gives you the option of setting the scale.make sure it is 1 to 1.

1 Like

You can use measure option in sheetcam to see if it scales right. I must say, Adobe usually has problems from what I’ve seen being imported to sheetcam.

1 Like

This is a good idea. I once cut a piece exported from Solidworks at 3/4 scale. It was close enough that we didn’t notice until trying to fit it, was just like, that seems kinda small.

Check the import settings whenever importing a drawing to sheetcam. Seems like it uses whatever settings the last user had.

I use a program called Qcad to create dxf files, i think they have a free version, paid version is cheap, it can be configured to run from a USB thumbdrive like the one i keep on my keychain. Very convenient.