Dye Sub Printer offlne

I am trying to print an image for dye sub, but the printer says offline. How do you get it to be online? Is it because printer was moved from printing room to creative arts room and has not yet been set up to print?

paging @CaryF300

Wait, that printer got moved to the CA room? When did that happen? I thought it was staying in the printing room until post expansion moves.

Not sure when it happened. But it is where the Shapeko was.

Paging @uglyknees @BarkingChicken

I wonder if someone rolled it into CA for Tour night last night? I looked at the calendar and didn’t see any classes on it this week. Speculating here of course.

It was moved earlier this week (Monday or Tuesday). Printmaking has equipment and supplies coming in that necessitated moving the dyesub desk out to accommodate the extra storage space needed. The setup is now on the mobile cart that was purchased for this purpose.

I believe the only thing required now is network access (wired Ethernet or wireless dongle) to allow login access.

@uglyknees, Have you requested the wireless network card for that computer from Infrastructure?

I can come by Thursday evening to get it all set up. I was not aware it had been moved.

Yes I did request the card. Do I just need to buy it?

Magenta cartridge has been replaced - printer back online - black is low but there are 3 black cartridges in the cabinet. There is 1 cartridge of each color left right now. Thanks for the help.

2 Likes

Update: This little guy: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003MTTJOY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Will be at the space by 8p TODAY (2-21) to help the dye sub computer whole again. @Team_Infrastructure @CaryF300
It’s addressed to Dallas Makerspace Attn: Creative Arts Nicole Franczvai
If you open the box please place the tape in the tape drawer if you don’t mind.

1 Like