[DUPLICATE] - Can I build a Laser?

Sorry for Xposting…it doesn’t let me do multiple topics and I don’t know what this falls under. If I get a linear motor can I use it to build a small desktop laser?

It’s best to just choose the category that seems to fit the best for the questions you may have. If both threads are for the same questions, then it will be more difficult to follow the answers.

You could rename the threads and edit the posts to have each focus on a particular area, or if you want all answers in one thread, the other can be closed.

As far as potential categories… The two you posted in already (Electronics & Laser) are good. You could also decide to move it to the #interest-groups:projects category, since it’s a project you are wanting to work on.

I tried to go delete the other one. Where’s that button?

What thread do you suggest for such a question?

We generally don’t delete threads, but I can close and unlist one of the two.

Since the other thread has more details in it, it may be better to keep that one active and just have it under the category that you prefer (Electronics, Laser or Project - it’s your call…).

Do you have a preference? I can move it, if you want it moved and it doesn’t allow you to do it yourself.

:smiley:

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Building a laser?