Dungeon Master Club?

A time when DM did not mean direct message. :smiley:

2 Likes

Alrighty. Now that the holidays are over (Please, they are over, right?), howsabout we schedule the first meeting of this club?

Will Tuesday, January 15th, 2019 work for everyone?

3 Likes

Trying to make that @bunny’s nite at the space so I’ll be there.

I think I will push out to the 22nd since I only got one reply about this Tuesday. I also think once a month is probably a good rate, anyone else?

Okay folks, I set up the first meeting for a week from Tuesday. That makes it Tuesday, January 22nd at 7 pm. We have the conference room from 7 pm to 9 pm. This first session will be some brainstorming, some suggestions as to format, etc.

I’m thinking that a couple of presentations per session, plus some Q+A time, and some free discussion time is a good way to start. But we can hammer that out more in the meeting.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/9745

Oh yeah, one more thing I want to discuss in this first meeting: The Thursday night D&D club is going pretty well. Maybe too well for one DM to handle alone. Anyone have any interest in splitting up the players that show into 2 campaigns? I know Daniel Acosta has started another game on Thursdays. This last session had 15 players show up. So, even dividing it more or less equally, each group would have 7-8 players.

Anyway, something to think about.

Reminder folks, the first meeting is tomorrow night at 7.

1 Like

Not such a great turnout for the first session. Is there a better night than Tuesday for everyone? Do I need to do a better job making sure everyone knows about the time reserved?

Would we get a better turnout at a bar or something like that?

I think most people like playing RPGs and don’t think about how to run them. but good news is I have a few guys at the office interested in joining and been telling them that we meet Tuesday at DMS.

But I do appreciate you hosting and providing some initial talk points. I enjoyed our ~hour time of discussion.

1 Like

So, looks like a Tuesday night wasn’t so good for most. Is there still interest in this?

@GTHolkan One of my groups might end up wanting to change DM’s. If you wanted to pare down the current Thursday night crew, this means that i could start up a second campaign

1 Like

Go on…

If you want to get together and talk it over let me know.

I’ll be at the Space in a few hours if that works for you