DTFB R/C Airplane building class

Payment sent! :blankspace:

I have a couple of old transmitters as noted. They have to be around 15 yr old. They power up. I have no receivers to test them with. The one with NiCd batteries stays powered for over two hours before it gives a low battery beep. And it charges with the charger as shown.

The NiCd one seems to go for $10-20 on ebay.

I’ll donate both to the class. I live in N Dallas and have a few other things to donate or sell at some point. Not sure when I could get up to DMS. Had to drop my membership but . . . I’ll be back!

TWO RC TRANSMITTERS

I would really like a class on how to design, I am pretty good at building other people designs but cant make my own.

It’s a pretty lengthy process to compress into a single class. I’d be willing to take a stab at doing some class-style revisions of the NerdNick design videos. They are what I watched while doing my first plane.

– 1st part of the 4 part series… It’s a long one, so grab a notebook and some popcorn.

1 Like

Hey guys, small delay on the order. I havent forgot about it, but it may be a few extra days. Sorry for any inconvenience in advance!

1 Like

Okey dokey, guys! We are cleared for takeoff, I’ll be making the order today, so I’ll have an approx delivery date for you soon! :smiley:

Order is placed, and should be arriving around Oct 14th. We can tentatively plan to hold our build class on the following Saturday or Sunday (16th/17th). I say tentatively because orders containing Li-Po batteries (like ours) can occasionally encounter issues at customs. This will cause the package to be returned to the sender (in china), then reshipped. When this occurs it can likely be a 30-45 day delay.

That being said, What day would work better for you guys?

Sunday. I have a conflict of the 16th.

Order

So apparently our shipment hasn’t even been processed yet, so a timely arrival is unlikely… I have a ticket open with HobbyKing and will keep you guys informed as I figure it out.

for the Hobby King parts, our order has been cancelled. Awaiting refund then I will re-order. A new build day will need to be scheduled. :frowning:

The Hobby King parts consisted of TX/RX’s, connectors, charger and batteries

All other items have arrived (servos, motors, ESC’s, bullet plugs, propellers)

1 Like

Does this mean we can open up the orders if others want to get involved?

Not really. The only components that are being ordered from Hobby King are the TX/RX’s, connectors, chargers and batteries. The servos, motors, ESC’s, bullet plugs, and propellers are sourced from other vendors and have already arrived.

Edit: I could actually place another order, but they would not gain the shipping benefits of combining the orders. :frowning:

Edit: So, actually I can, but they would be paying more than other people.

I had registered for the class, but I found out about this too late to be included in the order. Do you have a list of components / recommended parts so that I can get the parts on my own?

John

You will need a 15-20amp ESC, 2204 (or similar) Brushless motor, ~800mah 3s Lipo, 9g servos (2), Push rods and push rod connectors, minimum 3-channel RX/TX (delta mix capable), 6x4.5 Prop, ~2mm bullet connectors (3 pair).

Awesome to see this going forward!

Everything has arrived! (I think) I still need to go through the boxes and make sure everything is accounted for. Unfortunately I did not expect them to arrive so soon and have already made myself unavailable this weekend (Sorry! :frowning: ). We should be good for next weekend if that works for you guys?

Great!

The next couple of weekends are not good for me due to classes and committee meetings.

Okey dokey! What weekend works best for y’all?

The weekend of Oct 28 and 29 is currently open for me.

Nov 4 is taken.
Nov 5 is open for now.

Oct 28th sounds good to me. I’ll wait a few days to put it up in case anyone has any objections, though it seems unlikely anyone will. :slight_smile: