DSL Modem/Router recommended to buy

Looks like I need to replace my CenturyLink DSL model/router out here in Colorado (getting flaky 13 months after purchasing, and while on UPS conditioned power the whole time). I currently have a Technicolor C1100T modem with 802.11n Wi-Fi and four router ports.

I need Wi-Fi and a single hardwire LAN connection at the moment.

I can buy another modem from CenturyLink, or buy a “compatible” modem from a 3rd party. I’m inclined to go the latter route this time around.

Here are the modems they recommend:
Actiontec C3000A modem

Actiontec C3000A

Greenwave C4000 modem

Axon C4000 series

Zyxel C4000 series

Zyxel C3000Z modem

Zyxel C3000Z

Of these, are there any I should specifically look for or, conversely, which I should avoid?

Trying to narrow the field, and any input/recommendations would be appreciated.

I should mention I’m planning to switch over to StarLink, but since I don’t know it’s reliability here ATM, I’m keeping the CenturyLink running in the short term.

Having worked tech support for Verizon in the past, all I can say is that Actiontec and Zyxel were vendors of choice when a piece of hardware was needed to rent out for about its purchase price every month.

1 Like

I think my dad has a zyxel for bonded dsl in arizona. Id recommend whatevsr is the minimum to do the conversion to eth and let that feed whatever router you normally prefer. For me thats a mikrotik, like a hap ac^3