Down with trees?

I guess property management cut down every tree on the premises.
Anyone happen to know why?

What I heard is Oncor is going to do something with the power lines.

But why did they have to cut the one down by the front door? Did not think it was large enough or anywhere near the right of way of the power lines.

1 Like

They likely need the room to maneuver the booms. 233,000 volts tends to get hairy. There is enough EMF to induce several thousand volts to a dead line.

They may be doing some FERC right of way audits. Or if they are doing any work, and observe ROW violations, it becomes something they must take action on. Apparently most ROW for 145 or 345 KV lines don’t allow foliage higher than 15 feet within the ROW. Not sure how close to the front of the building the ROW is, but it may be close at some of the most forward projections of the building. I’m guessing the trees would have looked stupid if trimmed to be compliant, and would have required frequent printing to stay compliant.

What gets me is that they cut down the crepe myrtles. Those don’t get tall enough to cause any problems. At least, they had another 10 years minimum before they got tall.

If you look down the building, apparently the trees at the north end are far enough from the power lines to not cause issues. At least – they’re still there.

2 Likes