Down the rabbit hole of things you find on YouTube [the /b of talk, be excellent]

LOL. Who edited the title.

1 Like

hmmā€¦ well they got one odd sense of humor

2 Likes

It amuses me in one sense when someone says stop posting certain topics because it bugs them, yet they choose to view it of their own free will. We are all capable of ignoring stuff we donā€™t like, no one is coerced into consuming said information. My personal policy is if I donā€™t want to see something, I just look away. Not at all complicated.

3 Likes

Ok, I see a lot of music on hereā€¦ I think itā€™s time to change it up a bit. :wink: Hereā€™s an oldie but a goodie about the introduction of the dial tone, dating back to 1954. As a lifelong phone user, they do belabor some of the points, but itā€™s fascinating historically because they go into & show some of the old equipment.

Also I think itā€™s a great YouTube channel in general, with lots of old videos featuring the AT&T Global Network Operations Center before the 1984 breakup, the ā€œStep By Step switchā€ (which the VECTOR people loved because itā€™s all about electromagnetic switches running the phone network), and ā€œThe Hello Machineā€, chronicling the birth and bring-up of that systemā€™s successor, the ESS switch.

3 Likes

How cool would it be to have that dialing simulator? Did you call any of the numbers :wink:

For that matter; How cool would it be that we had an actual payphone (free for use) and tty terminal at the space which used the in house pbx?

Payphone, in a TARDIS!!!

1 Like

yes! Iā€™ve actually we could do that

Now only if we could park it near the space

But see that is the difference between liberals and conservatives. Conservatives move on, liberals need a law banning said content because they donā€™t agree

1 Like

Speaking of conservativesā€¦

Bill Cosby was found guilty on all counts today!

Yeah they got him!

so I thought that was a think only in the 90ā€™s and everyone has moved onā€¦

Whatā€™s next, the trial of O.J. Simpson: Part deux?

Not as long as you have Brock Turners in this world and judges who will excuse him.

1 Like

Thankfully this liberal doesnā€™t need a law telling you that this was not excellent.
Be nice.
Do better.
#postvinesnotinsults.

5 Likes

I appreciate the attempt at virtue signaling :slight_smile: However, just because you disagree doesnt make me a bad person for stating itā€¦

Didnā€™t say you were a bad person. Just saying that it is up to everyone to maintain a peaceful environment where everyone feels comfortable. Stereotyping people based on their political leanings does not do that.

2 Likes

That is a gross over-generalization to the point of just being incorrect.

Ashleyā€™s post doesnā€™t strike me as virtue signalling, sheā€™s just pointing out the flaws in your ā€œlogicā€.

ā€œConservativeā€ vs. ā€œLiberalā€ isnā€™t a very useful way to categorize people, and it really shows when you try to make generalizations like ā€œliberals want rules banning content they donā€™t agree withā€

Where are you getting your info on ā€œliberalsā€?

2 Likes
  1. I had to look up what virtue signaling is. I donā€™t see how I was virtue signaling, but I learned a new thing so thatā€™s cool, I guess.
  2. I think that @yashsedai knows there isnā€™t any logic behind his statement. He is just throwing around insults, which isnā€™t cool. I see plenty of people on talk making flawed arguments, but there is never an excuse to be mean. THAT is why I said something.
  3. I would like to know where a lot of people get their information on liberals as well :stuck_out_tongue:
2 Likes
  1. Virtue Signaling - the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate oneā€™s good character or the moral correctness of oneā€™s position on a particular issue.

Your statement, that my statement was not excellent is in fact an opinion. Your further attempt was insinuating that i was interfering with the maintenance of a peaceful environment. You admonished me for ā€œnot being niceā€ and told me I should ā€œdo betterā€. This further insinuates that you are morally correct in your statement and is an attempt at providing support for your argument. My opinion was not an insult. It was a response to the above content about gun control and the video.

1. I do in fact believe what I wrote. You are demonstrating my point. You are attempting to make use of the concept that I am ā€œdisturbing good orderā€ and being insulting. Your further insinuation of my ā€œbeing meanā€ is inaccurate. There is no good or bad in my voicing an opinion. Only you can choose how you wish to be affected. Therein lies the difference in viewpoints. You donā€™t like what I stated, now you are attempting to legislate me in to compliance with your point of view by stating Iā€™m ā€œmeanā€ and ā€œjust throwing around insultsā€.

2. As a self proclaimed liberal, you did in fact make my point!

Cheers :slight_smile: