DotD: Stainless Steel Can Insulator

For people that want/like to laser stuff on cylindrical things made of stainless steel, there’s a 'deal of the day" at Amazon for you:

Don’t forget to use Amazon Smile program!

Reminder that stainless steel can’t be engraved on our lasers. But you can bond a design using CerMark. We have a can of it available at no extra charge. Tag us on talk when you want to use.

Happy Lasering!

Yeah…it was the Cermak (or other similar goo) technique I had in mind. Thanks for clarification…

1 Like

Tangential - about a year and a half ago I grabbed some of those 30oz and 20oz vacuum-insulated tumblers on closeout with the intent to etch them on the laser. Flash forward to present and they’re still more or less sitting where I left them. I should perhaps learn how to use the rotary attachment or otherwise deal with them.

2 Likes

Yes, you should. An unetched/un-CerMarked tumbler is a sad thing to behold.

1 Like

This is actually a really good deal, lowest price they’ve ever been on Amazon. Don’t know how good the product is, thermos is great at making a thermos a little iffy on everything else though. Another good option is the Ozark trail travel mugs from Walmart, at least I would think so but zero knowledge of Laser Land. I do know they’re great for powder coating @steve_a