Don't do this again (anyone)

Standing on a rolling cart while swinging a heavy item is not a smart idea. If it can’t be done safely, don’t do it. More importantly, DON’T DO IT AGAIN in our machine shop!
Capture

8 Likes

And for the love of Pete tell people not to do unsafe things WHEN YOU SEE IT.

Is that Allen in the gray shirt?

5 Likes

unfortunately, they were in there by themselves so if they are clueless to start it’s a mute point. But yes, we rely on all members to keep other safe despite themselves.

I have obscured the faces and no names are used so we don’t get accused of ‘shaming’ in this super sensitive point in time. They know who they are. they can learn from this warning - or they can learn the hard way.

1 Like

Whenever I tell people not to stand on rolly carts to access their project storage they just say “whatever”…

that’s when fate needs to kick the cart from under them and say ‘whatever’. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

just as long as there is no damage to the cart, table or other gear in the shop.

6 Likes

Folks this is the proper way to stand on a rolling cart

6 Likes

Ah, but blood is messy and you just know that these folks are going to leave it for someone else to clean up after them!

2 Likes

My wife said “don’t run in the house, the dog’s going to trip you,” I said “whatever,” dog knocked me down, two broken toes and a few thousand bucks later, I don’t run in the house anymore.

It’s the dog’s fault.

10 Likes

Why not? Public shaming works.

1 Like

I think they are getting that now.

1 Like

Is there a need for a step stool in the workshop? Those of us
that are vertically challenged can have trouble with reaching/working
in areas that have been designed for average men and above

Maybe like this one

1 Like

We have a very usable two stair ladder in the workshop available for use currently.

4 Likes

Is it it suitable to stand on to work and is it wasy to find do most fols know where it is I don t

Well, I’m with @Cairenn_Day on this one. Ever see me trying to use the power washer? Laugh, laugh. I’m not sure standing on a ladder would be either possible or safe for that.

On the other hand, if we had a stool we wouldn’t ever be able to find it … :frowning:

Sure you would, it would just be stored on a top shelf somewhere, requiring said stool to retrieve…

7 Likes

I’m so disappointed…that we don’t have video to send to that TV show so we could win $10,000.

3 Likes

“Moot” point. …