Donation: Old TTL ICs, LSI, and electronic supplies

As I struggle to clean up my shop space, I have found several 5 gallon gray buckets and other storage of electronic supplies from years ago. These are almost entirely TTL and early LSI like UART & Touchtone coders/decoders. I never got into CMOS. Also connecting cables, mostly telephone and Beldon 8 conductor, 2 18 ga, 6 24?ga I standardized on with octal tube base type round connectors. As an indication of age many packages are Archer brand. If someone thinks this stuff can be used at MakerSpace, I will cheerfully give it to someone to haul away as I can not bring it there. I am in Old East Dallas not far from the White Rock Dam. The volume would about fill the backseat of a car or the back of an SUV and is moderately dirty. If no interest, I will trash it the 20th

Radio Shack parts were often rejects from the manufacturers production lines, so they are not high quality parts=even when new. Personally, I remember many projects that simply wouldn’t work with the first, sometimes second, and occasionally the third batch of parts. IMO, these would be best served by a electronics reclaimer.

The ONLY person who can authorize the acceptance of these parts is @artg_dms Electronics has a lot of people just ‘leaving’ there donations in Electronics and creating yet more work for folks to throw them out, move them to the free crap shelf.

1 Like

“electronics reclaimer” - whatever and where ever that might be, I don’t have a car to get it there.
“Donation” in this case can be free to anyone if wanted.

1 Like

@artg_dms knows who they are. Perhaps he will bring this to their attention

If DMS doesn’t want the TTL and LSI ICs, I’d be happy to.

I would be happy if you took them. Do you have any interest in the leftover wire?
How difficult would it be to arrange your pick up in Old East Dallas? I am tied up Saturday but generally free most days & evenings - retired.

Sunday will work for me if it fits into your schedule, but @artg_dms needs to weigh in first.

Wire, really just depends. Some of that may be of interest to @dr_cee for Vector as I would probably find homes for it across different folks inside the arcade community.

Any leftover unwanted components, wire, etc I can probably find a home for…

Wire is always useful for game repairs or building custom games from scratch…

Don’t worry, Shawn, wire will be going to the community if I pick it up. Just waiting to hear back on this thread from @artg_dms

Sunday would work fine for me anytime during the day or evening 11/12. You seem connected to mob at DMS :slight_smile: Contact me by calling or messaging 214-334-6645, my cell phone, today, tomorrow, or Sunday when you guys settle best distribution. I am half a block off East Grand near the big park.

Should put phone number in Private Message unless you want it splashed across the Internet by the search engines…

I’m ok w/ this. What you don’t need/want can go to the exchange shelf or recycle. If you run across something you think the ELab needs, Pm me. Dibs on Nixie tubes!

Sounds good, thanks Art.

Mike, I’ll call you after i get off my last Webex about coming out Sunday morning.

Raymond

TAKEN - Much thanks to Raymond & son for coming by and hauling multiple brittle grey buckets and a few boxes from backyard garage/shop to big pickup in front drive. Hope stuff will find good users. Estimate 6% reduction in my get-it-gone stuff.
Mike

1 Like