Donation/free: Button maker + 100-ish buttons

This is a kit for making custom round metal buttons, the kind with the safety-pin type clasp on the back. The button is made up of the following parts.

• front plastic/mylar cover
  • user-created circular paper artwork
  • metal front artwork backing
  • back with clasp pin

The following tools are in the kit.

• tool to cut out the circular artwork from user printed sheet, along with cutting mat
  • clamping tool for pressing the button stack together to make the finished button

Also has enough button parts to make a tad less then 100 buttons. Includes extra blades for the circular artwork cutter.

Priority is to donate the above to Creative Arts. If CA doesn’t want them, then first come, first serve.

PM me if interested.

@mreynolds

d5ba40bd8586ed3bcc3cc5824d0c0859

If creative arts doesn’t want them, they would be great for PR and I could probably use them for an upcoming event. So, tagging @mrjimmy

They are perfect for events. In fact, I purchased for Dallas Razorback Club events, for event support folks to wear.

CA has this type of equipment already. I could probably show you how to use it. It has been a while, but I’m sure it will come back to me.

1 Like

Yep, I know CA has button makers but an extra for PR might not hurt if CA passes on them (up to James). The button parts would be really helpful for a PR event that I had needed to order supplies for IMHO.

I would really appreciate a refresher on the button makers when you have time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, just making sure you knew it was there. I’ll try to coordinate a time to get with you next week to go through it.

1 Like

I can show you how to make a button when I drop off the kit. The paper instructions for button assembly and circular cutter included, but I’ve scanned and attached them.

The artwork diameter is 2.25", but the circular cutout is a tad less then 2.75". So you’ll need to leave appropriate clearances between button images if printing multiple images on a page - e.g. print images on 3" pitch.

It’s a good idea to limit your image size to 2", which leaves an 1/8" border for any misalignment. Otherwise, if the artwork isn’t perfectly centered when making the button, then part of the artwork will be curved around the side of the button face.

Another thing to remember is to keep good pressure on the circle cutter throughout the cut or it will easily slip and your cutout won’t be a circle.

Button maker and circle cutter instructions (1.9 MB)

1 Like

I’ll go ahead and take this for the PR event and then if CA wants it they can have it. Sending a PM to coordinate. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure doesnt hurt for PR to have their own button making setup!