Donating to DMS?

When donating something of value that DMS wants, how does that person get a Donation Acknowledgement Letter for their tax purposes?

You make a request to the Treasurer (or ask the Chair who is accepting your donation to do so), but I can’t find that in writing just now (I SWEAR I’ve seen it before…)

2 Likes

address it with the committee it is being donated to, to ensure it is accepted.

The chair can pull down and fill out the form from the WIKI (under finance committee).

2 Likes

@jast to the rescue!! I hate searching for stuff…I should pay you to search for me…

I’m wondering if there is a form letter that DMS has that we could print and just have the Committte Chair accept the donation and sign or Treasurer accept and sign or both? Make it easy on them.

This was the most relevant conversation I found on that.

Robert indicates there is NOT a “form letter”, but that may have changed.
As a chair, Nick probably knows, and maybe can attach a link to the form on the wiki?

Here is a link.
Donation form to be signed

1 Like

Perfect - that’s it!

Excellent!
Prime example of wiki search fail, IMO. Even with the file name, I can’t get it to show up on a search!

EDIT: but use google, put in file name, plus site:dallasmakerspace.org/wiki and boom. There it is. Wonder how the hell we’d get it to show up in a wiki search. Need to make this a new topic, or link to that old one where this was discussed… :sunny:

EDIT II: should have gone here, despite out of dateness
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Financial_Committee