Dollhouse repair?

I have two different friends looking for someone to do repairs on older, wooden dollhouses. Googling got me nowhere. Anyone here do this or know someone who does?

I can do this. I’ve collected a d repaired for years.

2 Likes

I can help with lighting systems.

I also wonder whether there is a market for selling a working TV set using the tiny color TFT displays now available.

3 Likes

I suspect there is, if you could make it 1:12 scale. Why don’t you make a rough estimate of how much you would want to sell it for, roughly how big it would be, and PM me. I’m going to miniature summer camp in a week and I can see if there is any interest.

4 Likes

That has been my feeling. I suspect there is some demand based on how much some seem to spend on dollhouses and especially “furnishing” them.

The smallest display is about the size of a thumb. In that scale, it be like a 12" portable TV set. Somewhat larger sizes are around two inches long or wide. Those would be representative of common set sizes today. Larger sets can incorporate a used wireless handset or a small tablet.

Edit: A more capable design which can play a YouTube video may go over especially well.

1 Like

I know this was almost a year ago, but do you still do dollhouse repair?

I am interested in hearing more about lighting system for dollhouse if you still do that.

I’ll let Kris answer as to whether she is willing or able, but your timing is unlucky. She just broke her right wrist. :frowning:

I do not do dollhouse lighting systems, per se, but wiring up lighting for a dollhouse is almost trivial from the electrical engineering standpoint. What do you need?

Make sure you check NEC and comply with necessary codes.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that!

Oops, obviously I don’t know what I’m doing…just accidentally replied to you instead of another member:). Sorry, thought I could reply directly from email. Thanks!

Okay. Once I get dollhouse fixed I might be interested in putting in a lighting kit for it. I’ll keep you posted:).

You can reply to normal posts via email, but not PMs. I’ll quit making jokes and derailing the thread now.

Back to your regularly scheduled dollhouse repair programming. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face:

That would be a very small code…

Pm me and let’s get together to see if it’s possible

It only takes a very small permit.

4 Likes

If you are interested, the annual Dallas dollhouse miniatures show is May 4/5. Some classes are also available in conjunction with this.

Oh okay, that’s good to know! Thanks!

1 Like