Does Makerspace want a free kiln

I can bring it by if you want it. It is a Paragon kiln, pretty old but still word good.
I can’t seem to add a picture, so other tell me where to send a picture, or if you want it sight unseen, I can bring it by. Or send a message to 214-732-5383 and I can reply with a picture.

3 Likes

If you post the specs we can probably get a better idea of what committees would be interested in this.

2 Likes

Is it programmable? Do you know the approximate size?

Hi! Because of space issues, we’d definitely need to know more about the kiln- year, model, etc. We currently run 3 kilns and do not have space for more. However, one of our members might be interested in it for themselves.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Even if ceramics doesn’t take it various committees have kiln and heat treating requirements.

I’d also like to see what the details are.

1 Like

Metal shop may need one for annealing. I’ve had a couple people ask if they can anneal in the small glass kilns.
Nope, some metal types can be absorbed into the shelving and really screw up any glass fired after.

2 Likes

It is not programmable.

Not sure what specs you want, I will have to go look as it is not at my house. Hopefully this picture helps

I saw someone said they tried calling but they got wrong number - the number should be 214-632-5383.

1 Like

Ceramics! This size could be a very good Test Kiln for members to have, especially if it can go to cone 6!

So it uses kiln/cone sitters to fire?

A picture of the metal plate on the side of the metal control box should have the amps and temp rating. As well as a pic of the inside so we can see the fire brick please.