Does DMS have a Rock saw?

Does DMS have a diamond blade rock saw?? My place has a lot of Geodes, I would like to cut one just because.

1 Like

I often like to cut one as well. Sadly, it’s seldom appreciated by those standing near me at the time.

Seriously, yes I believe they do. Likely someone from Jewelry will chime in and provide detail soon.

1 Like

just could not take the high road , could you?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

@JBluJkt Is this part of the lapidary equipment you have or are getting?

2 Likes

Oh boy, I spit ice tea on my monitor for that one!

@JBluJkt is suppose to have classes up soon. His loaned equipment requires training.

1 Like

Yes! Depending on the sizes, we should be able to slice them up. We just voted on a used saw 12-16” from the rock shop, as soon as he gets back from a show we hope to have one for lapidary. Loritone and Covington brands, hoping the 16” is suitable for us.

We currently have a 5” trim saw and two genies with 6” wheels.

3 Likes

Let’s get together and cut some rocks!

1 Like

If I am understanding this the largest rock possible to cut is, or will be, about 5"?

The 5” trim saw is basically just for cleaning up slabs or slicing smaller nugget materials. About less than half the blades are a “working” surface.

Bring one by JSM sometime. I’m up there most weekdays. See what we can do. Should know more about the bigger saw by this weekend.

Johnny