Does DMS have a laminator for letter sized paper, or larger?

@TLAR Can you send me a link to where I can buy film for this laminator? Preferably a place with reasonable prices?

Yes,
Iā€™ll check with one of my vendors on monday

Here is a link that describes the one I dropped off:
http://www.laminatingmachines.info/profinish-laminators/

1 Like

I contacted my vendor and am waiting for them to call back with pricing on 24" wide rolls - in both mat and gloss finishes

Very generous of you. But you might want to mark it with ā€œOn loan from Tom ā€¦ā€ just so no one forgets where it came from.

2 Likes

Just let me know when you have the cost. Thanks!!

I was thinking the same thing and added the label a few days ago.

1 Like

Thanks for the label!
My vendor called back today and said they only carry laminate film in 55" wide material. He did not have any suggestions.
Iā€™ll try to dig up something this weekend.

1 Like

I didnā€™t know we had a laminator in the CA! Where is it hiding now? I would like to use it to make some laminated 8" x 11" sheet for work purposes.

Last I saw it was on the shelf on the right about the middle. It was still in the original 3m or Scotch box. I donā€™t remember what brand it is but I believe it is one of those two. Make sure you let it cool off before you put it back though.

Were laminate rolls for the 24" wide cold laminator ever purchased? The two rolls on it right now appear to be out of laminate.

-the purring dork

I can see that this could be a high usage item. What is the material fee for this, and is it posted?

I donā€™t think a materials fee is posted or listed because I donā€™t think CA has acquired any rolls yet to price out their use.

-the purring dork

Can anyone offer an educated guess as to the rough magnitude cost of this stuff?

Assuming itā€™s a 25" model, here is a link to consumables.

So it looks like itā€™s about 75 cents per linear foot at raw cost (not including shipping, tax, people rounding down, etc.) Thanks.

Last time I talked to Tom he said said he couldnā€™t find a supplier for the film. Iā€™m going to his shop next week to discuss the mat cutter donation and I was going to address it with him at that point.

I posted a link about the film earlier ( a few weeks ago)

I also called and spoke to the supplier to confirm availability.

For Eric, Nicole (and any other DMS committee chairs) I will offer larger lamination or ā€œdryā€ mounting at my cost at my shop (after hours for those that want of need poster size up to 40" x 60") with my heated vacuum press.

I must have misread because I thought you said it wasnā€™t avaliable anywhere. Sorry Iā€™ll dig.

http://www.brightwhitepaper.com/profinish-laminator-laminate-refills/