Does anyone offer Entry Level Welding Class?

I did a search and didn’t see anything. I’m at a point where I need to learn some basics of welding. Are there occasional classes on this? Thanks

A tig class for sunday april 3 at 2pm
Will show up on the calendar about 12:40pm on Sunday march 27.

Im trying something new on signup to approve the attendees, hoping to have 3-4 beginners and up to 2 experienced welders who wouldn’t need the whole class but hopefully can stick around to help. So hopefully you can send me an email and mention your experience level

@MTLmanglr has been teaching MIG.

If anyone is interested in teaching MIG or TIG let me know

4 Likes

I will delighted to teach an introductory class to MIG after APR 4th if there is a need.

Should have 3+ students to make it work.

Best,

Jim

3 Likes

Is it better to take MIG or TIG first? Or does it matter which one is learned first?

I don’t think that it really matters. MIG is simpler, so it can be easier since you primarily need to learn to run a bead. TIG requires you also to be coordinated, because you have to use both hands and one foot at the same time. Still, TIG is the one that’s easier to manipulate your outcome, so you’ll still have to learn that coordination if you want that level of welding.

3 Likes

And you need hot process class before welding or plasma class

+1, definitely interested

100% beginner but technically inclined and will sign up.

I’ll put up a Mig class for next week in the evening… it will take 72 hours for the class to show up… $10.00 is the fee…

Class April 6th @ 7 pm plan for 2 hrs

2 Likes

I’ve got the Hot Process Safety class set for Sunday 4/3 at 3pm. I just put it in yesterday, so it’ll probably be available to sign up by Thursday evening.

@ronniejd , check the events calendar on Friday afternoon for the MIG class that @got_tools posted for April 6!

Hot Process Safety is available to sign up. You’ll need this to sign up for the welding classes.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/17943

2 Likes