Does anyone know where I can get a full body scan?

I’m designing cosplay armor, and I want to make sure it fits properly. To do that a 3D model of myself would be very useful for testing fit and movement, before I commit to printing.

There are lots of DIY methods depending on your expectations. There’s also professional options like this.

2 Likes

Save your money on a body scan, just because you have one does not mean you can fit armor to it properly, for the cost, this is your best bet.its what i have been using for over a year.

1 Like

I appreciate the insight and suggested software. I’ll look into it. I would still like to know where I can get a body scan.

@maxk68 Do you know if there are any good tutorials for this program? I downloaded it, and am struggling to really grasp it

Possibly Arctec’s Shapify … closest scanning partner seems to be 3D Makery in Houston.

@zacharymarkson There is an entire series on this program on youtube

Oh shit! Thanks. I am apparently too big of an idiot to think of checking YouTube (facepalm)

3Dlerious is local to DFW.

Haven’t used them.

Link is above.

1 Like

I found a place owned by former DMS members yesterday.
$27.06 in Arlington.

What you get

A full color, full body scan generated by Reality Capture that is manifold, no unreferenced vertices or non manifold edges, etc., scaled to the size requested, simplified to a target polycount (may vary based on what computer/software they want to use) and put into an accessible google doc folder for download (or other similar file sharing).

4 Likes

Name of the place?

3Delirious

Make sure to make an appointment by phone or email and let them know you’re a DMS member

682-703-0335
[email protected]

Tried going to site.

Whoops I mistyped the url.

Here’s the correct link

Sorry about that

Or you could just use the link to them I shared 5 days ago :smiley:

5 Likes

Thanks to y’all for helping!

Aint nobody got time to catch every single post on talk