Does anyone know how I could do this?

I was at a gun store and they had these magazines for sale and the guy told me they have a company laser this onto the plastic. Just wondering if this is something I could do at the space. Thanks in advance

Maybe it’s Cermark. .

If plastic you can engrave directly, but you would likely need to 3D print a fixture to hold the magazine flat.

Apply a resist (say vinyl or stencil material), and laser engrave through the vinyl and into the plastic (say 0.02"). Then apply a thin acrylic paint over the resist to make the engraving pop. Wait till it drys then peel off resist.

Vinyl stickers are usually PVC based. Please don’t cut these on the lasers.

5 Likes

Couldn’t you engrave the plastic in the magazine and then fill it in?

Masking tape works as a resist. I’ve used that on leather, then applied acrylic paint.

Depending on the type of plastic it might just turn that color. It looks like fiber reinforced nylon which would turn a brown or tan color when burned.

1 Like

Thanks for the advise everyone. I think I’m just going to have to give it a shot and see what happens and take it from there. I’m not sure what type of polymer Magpul uses but I have a few extra mags laying around that I can play with.