Do you teach at DMS? Teachers meeting Saturday, June 3 at 4:30 PM

Teachers meeting if you’re a teacher at Dallas Makerspace the board want to hear from you. We will be discussing improvements to classrooms and what would make it easier for you to teach and do what you do. Please come and give us your feedback as we will be looking at the classrooms and updating technology and or room improvements to make teaching easier.

6 Likes

@Team_Moderators please pin

Reminder we have the meeting this Saturday

1 Like

I will not be able to make the meeting :pensive:

How often are you at the space

Regularly throughout the week.

Let’s plan to meet up

I will not be able to attend. Over the years, I have run over 60 Arduino-ish classes in various classrooms. The only problem I recall is weak WiFi when the North Lobby room was new. @jphelps took care of that quickly.

Kudos to everyone involved in maintaining the classrooms.

2 Likes

I am out of town and won’t be able to attend. Perhaps we could do this again in a couple of months?

I was at the space and intended to attend but got sucked into something else while there. Hopefully there will be more info and future reviews. I had no issues to raise.

I feel sure that we will continue to have these meetings. This one was to let us know that the Board is planning on updating the classrooms. So, this was less important for those of us that teach in our committee areas. They’re going to start with the North Lobby Classroom, as it’s the one that gets seen the most by the public. Purple is probably next, as it currently has the least use. Interactive will be last, as it’s already got a good floor, and an adequate set-up. Plus, we need to get the landlord fixing the leaks in there before we start replacing ceiling tiles.

We moved one up to 2nd or 3rd, and I don’t remember which one it was. Wet classroom is somewhat on hold, as it is the functional pass-through until we get far enough into Expansion to cut the walkway through between Machine Shop and Blacksmithing.

Perhaps @engpin can post the list, as he was keeping track.

As we proceed, other teacher issues can be brought up.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update!

I realize that this was inspired by classroom upgrades and focused on teachers, but I think there is another group of stakeholders that should be polled. Not just about classrooms, but about the DMS student experience. I detect and share more than a little frustration with the process of identifying classes, and signing up for them, particularly those that seem to fill up before they post. We probably need a similar polling of students.

Kudos BTW to @jsnowfreedman for the Discord Calendar group that I learned about yesterday (having been a memeber since January.)

I’m only worried about the teachers at this time

I’m curious about this…

I tried to locate the original post and haven’t spotted it. The upshot is that new calendar postings appear in this Discord group

and you can subscribe to it getting notices as thing post on the calendar. I’ve subscribed, but nothing new has posted since I did, so my configuration is untested.

1 Like

Ah. I see. I was confused by the “group” nomenclature. I’d call that a “channel”…
Thank you for elaborating.