Do we have SMT Resistors?

Do we happen to have a book of SMT resistors? Looking for a 12.1k in an 0603 package and would prefer not to drive to Mansfield for a five cent part.

Just FYI, Last I checked Mouser was not allowing will call pick ups. That was January when I checked last. Allied was allowing will call at that time, I did go pick up some parts from them.

1 Like

I know that you’re probably knowledgeable enough to know this but for anyone else reading. In a pinch if we don’t have any, it’s relatively easy to bodge in a through hole resistor on 0603 pads by looping it back on itself or lying it on it’s side and then running the leads to the pads. Hot glue can stabilize it pretty well to keep it from tearing the pads out or moving around.

Random image found on the internet of the practice.

There are / were smt resistor sets / kits in the ELab. Not sure on the details and not sure where they’re located. Things keep moving around instead of being returned to their place.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what ima do if I can’t find an SMT part. Thanks!

1 Like

When you walk in ELab, turn left and look in the cabinet nearest the corner.

There are several small plastic boxes containing tons of SMT resistors of various sizes, about halfway up the cabinet. IIRC, there were 3-4 boxes, one of which definitely had 0603.

2 Likes

Cabinet next to wire shelves. Thanks for posting!

3 Likes

Found ‘em, thanks!!

3 Likes