Do we have a slipcast mold for a horse's head or whole horse?

I know we acquired a bunch of slipcast molds for Fired Arts recently. I’m interested in a horse mold.

Ideally, I’m looking for (in descending perfection):

1. a Friesian horse (head or whole body)
  2. a draft horse head
  3. some kind of horse
  4. a bowl/vase with a horsey motif
  5. a plain wide-topped bowl/vase

and probably some assistance in moving from concept to execution.

Any suggestions?

2 Likes

I will keep an eye out for more horse molds. I know there were some horse head chess piece molds and they are amazing - they didn’t go to fired arts but I can ask about them if you’re interested.

I also found some unicorn molds.

The chess pieces

4 Likes

Also, if you’re interested in molds consider joining the fired arts Facebook group. I uploaded pictures of most of the molds except for flower pot molds to Facebook. I know not everyone likes Facebook - I think you can see the pictures without creating an account? It is the easiest way for me to upload 500 pictures.

Woah woah woah. Unicorn molds? I definitely missed those. Are y’all waiting until fall for the next ‘sort the shed’ day?

2 Likes

One cannot see the pics without login.
Using this link
https://www.facebook.com/groups/352881235071266/
from this post

I’ll look for the unicorns again and take some pictures. Yep, it’s too hot to work on the shed now, though I work very close to where the molds are located and I will probably start making small trips after work as soon as I get rid of the contents of the storage unit.

1 Like

Here is a picture of another horse mold. I thought it was a unicorn but looking at it again it’s just a horse.

1 Like

I pulled this out of the shed today - let me know if you’re interested in using it.

4 Likes

I forgot to post this one, it is somewhere on my porch. I can look for it if interested.

3 Likes