Do we have a sine plate?

Do we have a sine plate? I know we have the sine bar but just didn’t notice a plate. I found one reference to it from an older post but I dont know that i’ve seen it.

We have a sine bar and precision angles … the digital protractor needs a battery.

Use the since bar, angles or protractor to set the angle on set the tilt plate.

Large tilt plate on cart behind Black tool cabinet.

We do need to get more T-slot hardware. I’ll be ordering some of that in the future. Some of the angle plates have different T-Slot sizes.

1 Like

I saw this style on ebay tonight and thought it seemed useful. Would have helped with a cut I was trying to make yesterday.

Our tilt plate is very large. I’m guess 10"-12" wide and 18" long. Long term it would be great to get a compound sine plate. The large tilt plate can basically do what a single sine plate can do using digital protractor or angles. If you need really precise angles, more than 1 minute of arc, then a sine is pretty much required.

There is also such a thing as these angled parallels. The workpiece is held at standard angles (15, 30, 45 degrees). Useful for machining a flat on an angled piece and then perhaps drilling and tapping that end. I’m not sure they would survive long.

angled%20parallels

2 Likes