Do not cut aluminum in the metal shop

…unless you know how to clean up after yourself. I spent half the day Sunday doing nothing but cleaning, a large part of that the aluminum shavings everywhere. I came in last night and there’s aluminum shavings all over the place once again. This is very frustrating. We have many brooms, dust pans, and shop vacs at the space available for you to use. If you do not understand the cleaning process, please contact me and I will be more than happy to show you how. -D

7 Likes

As a follow up failure to cleanup after yourself is a direct violation of the Code of Conduct.

We have to many people that follow the rules and cleanup after themselves if you are found to not have cleaned up after yourself there will be consequences up to expulsion from DMS.

Making someone else clean up after you is not being excellent to each other and a direct violation of

“All members are expected to maintain a safe and clean environment at all times.”

4 Likes

Refresher https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Rules_and_Policies#Code_of_Conduct

1 Like

As this is actually not a rule of the metal shop, please retitle the post. The last thing we need are members trying to figure out why they are not allowed to cut aluminum in the metal shop. Go on a rant about cleaning up the metal shop over misleading titles please. You will find the more you talk about cleaning up the metal shop the more it will happen. I’ve been talking with Ed about making some signs like, If this place is dirty. CLEAN IT! We are also working on other signs.

3 Likes

<lumberg> “I’m gonna go ahead and have to sorta disagree with you there.” </lumberg>

I think the title is quite effective. It got my attention right off the bat, so I read it. No mystery after I clicked on it.

— Zach

3 Likes