DMSMS Needs a LOGO

We have a brand new committee: The Motor Sports Committee. There are many things that we need to do, but why not start with a LOGO.

The committee involves auto racing, motorcycles, boats, hover craft, airplanes; anything that is motorized. We need a logo that reflects this for use on T-shirts, banners, and the Bus.

We could work-in the DMSMS initials (Dallas MakerSpace Motor Sports) too. Maybe make two versions; one multi-colored for printed material, and one that works with just two colors for t-shirts and such.

Any budding graphic designers out there want to make something? We can vote on submitted designs at one of the Thursday night DMSMS meetings.

5 Likes

While this proposal is on the anti-thematic side, I think it would show well within the Lemons culture.

I have a few more ideas - stay tuned.

6 Likes

I think it needs to be heavy metal badass. Ghost flames, blown motor with fire coming out of exhaust, skulls … and more flames… wrenches. Just Metal Badass. Like as soon as you see it, you just want to crank up old school Metallica.

I wish I had the skills to create that!!

Old school Ed Roth:

This screams Motor Sport

5 Likes

I’ll definitely throw a couple of ideas out there. Any idea when you might vote?

Ok, Diplomat. How about a sketch of what you propose?

Time frame? How about two weeks? Is that enough time?

Ok thank you for that.

Back on topic. This is a logo for the Motor Sports Committee not DMS in general. I have seen one suggestions so far. What else you got?

Another One

5 Likes

Exceptionally rough sketch…DMS logo with muffler/engine block ending in mechanics tools. Steering wheel/hubcap/checked flag middle. Dmsms under
(I don’t think it’d translate well little to be in the center unless it was just the MS)

2 Likes

here are a couple. I’m digging the version on black the most. I’d want to mess with it some more but this the idea.

4 Likes

awesome!
(but you forgot the :metal: Metal Umlauts :horns: … :wink: )

I just stacked em over there to the left.

1 Like

This is cool … any possibility of flames? Edit: I just saw the flames :fire: in the background of the shield!

Maybe chrome pipes with flames shooting out instead of wings?

Anyways, I like it a lot. I’m ready to buy a T-Shirt now.:grinning:

And/or Badass muscular big and bold wings, etc similar to this coming off of the shield?

Ohhh yeah. a stack of pipes with flames would be cool. Fairly easy to do I think. I’ll look at it this evening if I have time.

1 Like

You must click on the image to embigen to enjoy the full effect of the masterpiece!

Good point!
I only THOUGHT I was seeing a cool logo.
Now I can see a cool logo with levels of detail.
(Like that “little shadow detail” on the left earflap…)
Thank you!
:horns:

1 Like

Pipes. Flames. Gold tooth.

4 Likes

Cool skull and pipes. Could the helmet maybe be full face type, versus that one? More race-car-ish rather than biker-gang-ish. Visor up, of course, so we can see it is a skull.

I did some sketches last night during our meeting:

Crank, piston, and pipes

I’d also like to include the lettering below from an earlier sketch:

6 Likes

Very clever how the pistons and crank form an “M”.

It would be seriously out of balance, but hey, it looks cool.

2 Likes

Meh. Nothing a little engineering can’t fix… It’d be in good company

1 Like