DMS Tours - Thanksgiving Day and following week

We typically do not have “Open House” on Thanksgiving night. Generally, people are with family, suffering from Turkey torpor, or travelling. If anyone asks if we will be giving tours on November 23rd, please say “No”.

However, the following Thursday, people show up in droves.

I would like to attend an Arduino class on November 30th. Can I get some people to volunteer to do tours on the 30th, please?

Thanks, in advance.

Food for thought. We need more folks involved with Public Relations. I will be announcing a meeting shortly.

Any help with Nov 30th or PR would be appreciated. Please let me know.

2 Likes

welp i suppose i could be there for tours…

1 Like

I’m new but I’ll gladly help with a tour on the 30th and with PR. I’ve been talking up the Dallas Makerspace a bunch and a lot of my daughter’s friends are interested. I’m a cosplay photographer too so I’m out at local cons and Renaissance faires all the time. I interact a lot with the sorts of people who would find the space very useful.

4 Likes

Would you be interested in doing tours on a semi regular basis?

I would love to give tours regularly! I’m more than happy to support the space as much as I can.

3 Likes

Its nice to see that @Diplomat wants to attend my class and wonderful to see all the folks step up to give him a well deserved day off!

3 Likes

Can you meet me at the space tomorrow? I can run you through giving tours at the space. Btw it’s kinda a trial by fire thing lol you would give a tour and me or one of the other tour guides would go with you to help answer questions that you may not know the answers to

I’ve been swamped at work, but hoping to be able to actually set foot back in the space within the next couple week (won’t be this week for sure). I’m currently not scheduled to be anywhere the 30th, but I’ve been called away with less that 24 hours notice a few times in the past weeks…

2 Likes

I’ll be there tomorrow. I can’t wait!

3 Likes

The Nov 23 tour is still on the calendar. How do we go about removing that so people who didn’t see this post also know there is no tour that day?

Thanks for the reminder. I will get it off the calendar.

1 Like