DMS Racing: Lemons MSR Houston May 2017

I have also in the past cleaned the race then welded a couple bolts to the race. Then use a small piece of channel to tighten the bolts to the channel. Comes off really easy that way.

2 Likes

I don’t think we had a bearing splitter, but we do now. It’s amazing how easy things are with the correct tool, took about 2 minutes to get them off

3 Likes

:thumbsup:
Could have sworn I saw one once upon a time back with the Harbour Freight press, but I could be mistaken, and/or it might have been on loan/there with a member, rather than “ours”.
Either way, good acquisition!
They are unbeatable for separating bearings. :slight_smile:

Did you have to cut anything off before pressing the bearing race off?

No cutoff wheel or heating was necessary, the edge of the bearing splitter was narrow enough to get under the lip on the bottom of the race.

2 Likes

We leave for the race in less than 7 days, the rear suspension is back in (going to take it to get aligned somewhere instead of using string method ourselves again), safety orange paint is on thanks to @jottwell and we started putting on the decorations / vinyl stickers. Will be mounting pulse jet this weekend.

9 Likes

Are you guys working on the car tonight? If not, do you want to load it up for alignment tonight or tomorrow?

I was going to be there tonight around 8pm to put in some insulation on driver floorboard and put on the new tires, would be good to load it on trailer tonight for alignment.

Ok, I’ll be there around 830 and we’ll load it up when we’re done.

1 Like

The car is about as ready as we can make it for the race this weekend, crossed everything off on our todo list.

6 Likes

Good luck and prayers for safe return.

I’ve enjoyed reading about the progress, and maybe I’ll find some time to help for the next race.

Good luck in Houston and kick ass!

3 Likes

The car looks really great!

Good luck, we are counting on you.

2 Likes

Loaded up! MSR Houston here we come!

12 Likes

Just remember, Second is first Loser! Go fast and take chances!

2 Likes

Is it just me, or is ‘Brakes,’ in fact, not crossed-off the To Do List … … … ?

6 Likes

You’re racing, you don’t need brakes. Lol :showmethemoney:

8 Likes

Downshift! :blankspace:

Made it down to track and car appears to be ready for practice day, bled the brakes some more and will be swapping new front pads (ebc yellow) near end of practice day tomorrow before the race starts.

8 Likes

Would you guys be willing to bring the car to the park on the 27th to show it off? @Brandon_Green @jottwell

6 Likes

Good luck! Kick some ass for DMS

2 Likes