DMS race trailer and Lemons car

Over the weekend, Vector committee was able to put the Motorsports race trailer to good use.

They were able to transport several pinball machines to an event.
I placed the car back into the trailer Sunday. There was a bit of rain Saturday overnight.

I was able to make a battery hold down for the Lithium battery, using my battery for mock up to make the parts.
There is a steel band that will go over the top, and fasten down to the car, and a pair of aluminum L-brackets, to restrict he side-to-side movement. I’ve pre-drilled holes in the hold down parts to fasten to the car when the battery comes in, by the weekend.

Using this Lemons Rule as guidance:
3.G.2 General Battery. All batteries must be fully secured via proper, purpose-built battery brackets, battery frames, or factory body mounts. Rubber crossbars, Zip ties, bungee cords, duct tape, macrame plant holders, and other lame workarounds won’t cut it. Batteries located in, or visible from, the passenger compartment must be sealed-type or contained in a sealed battery box. Whether enclosed in a box or not, batteries must not rock, shift, or feel loose — they should feel like a solid part of the car.

Sunday while I was doing some car work, I spoke to a DMS member who has lengthy experience in the racing industry, and after showing him the DMS Lemons car and trailer, I suggested that he visit with the Motorsports committee members and Lemons team Thursday evening. He has experience in many areas that could suggest and point our racing program towards improvements.

Jay Johnson

7 Likes

The use of the trailer saved us several round trips to the museum in Fort Worth for the event that we participated in. We brought out 10 pinball machines and one EM arcade game using the trailer. Two other collectors brought out one game each for the event as well.

Vector greatly appreciates the use of the motorsports trailer to help with the logistics of moving all of the games much easier.

We spoke to many people during the event about the Dallas Makerspace and what it has to offer and what we do in Vector. Several hundred people came through our room during the event. I personally talked to several dozen people about finding and what it takes to restore a game, game values, what to look for in a game, history of pinball and some repair tips and info.

Here are a few photos from the event.

11 Likes