DMS "Newbie" T-shirt Contest information Open Oct 20-Nov 11

Howdy y’all! (the collusive) we are going to have a t-shirt design contest to design a new member shirt.
We would like to ask everyone to give a shot a designing the t-shirt just for the heck of it and because the community is better with participation.
Winner get’s bragging rights and a free shirt!

Specifics:
Contest opens today (October 20-Nov 11-midnight-ish)
One ink color
T-shirt color of your choosing (or closest based on what’s available by shirt company)
Must use the letters DMS in the design somewhere in some way
This design is for new members to be “sold (at cost)” during the new member orientations and in the lobby (for full cost)
Community will vote on the winning design via a google form from November 13-ish to November 30

You can submit two ways

1. Email/send a pdf copy of your design to me
  2. Put your design up under this thread

Specifics about the design to not have issues later:
All selected images submitted the creator agrees to give Dallas Makerspace (DMS) the right to use that image, including DMS modifications, without any financial consideration. Images not selected for use will grant no right to DMS. Creator retains usage rights without DMS permission.

Posters will go up in a bit around the space. Please talk up the idea. This is just something fun and something to cause a little competitive spirt at the space.
@Team_Moderators could you please pin this until November 11th

Here’s the poster I will post around the space next time I’m up or someone feel free to take it on:

2 Likes

FYI the tabs will have my email but I didn’t put that on the draft.

in honor of tonight’s complaints I offer up this design. It won’t win but I’ll be surprised if it doesn’t get more than one vote - which says a lot.

17 Likes

Already a winner :blankspace:

1 Like

Not mine but needs to be put on a t-shirt.

6 Likes

“New Member” shirt?

(edit: I claim no ownership to this design. If someone wants to run with this and make it comply with the rules, fine by me. All I expect is a smiley emoji on Talk)

15 Likes

:grinning::grin:::smiley::smile::laughing::yum::blush::crazy_face:

1 Like

Official Finance Shirt:

12 Likes

I assume this is a new shirt for members as opposed to a shirt for new members. LOL

1 Like

Good verbiage.
This is a shirt that will be for new members of Dms. We plan on holding new member orientations this (upcoming) year and would like to have a design specifically for the fresh sacrifices ummmm no I mean new members.

4 Likes

How about something like this:

9 Likes

I like that one. I may want to get that made in one of my colors (dark colors) & wear it.

Can we submit more than one design?

I don’t see why not.
I put some flyers around the space today and talked to some people the response was really positive. I think this is fun and I’ve really enjoyed what people have come up with.

1 Like

im thinking red or white on a black shirt

red on a white shirt would look ok also

Just want to make this get a bit more attention. Submit designs early and often! Due on the 11th!

1 Like

Not my best sketch but then again its been years since I’ve done graphic design work. Eitherway, I hope this one inspires something amazing and I tried to included something from each of the committees at the space.

2 Likes

3 Likes