DMS Needs your help

Hello Makers,

We need your help to tackle some data gathering. This data will be used to help us get our updated Certificate of Occupancy, insurance purposes and help with our tax effort.

We need to find out all equipment in committee areas.
- Does it cost over $500 to replace?
○ If yes please take a picture of it.
- Power to it?
○ Anything other than 110v please list voltage and amps
- Material or chemicals used?
○ Serviced by members or contracted out. (ie: Parts Washer)
- Heat over 150 degrees ( Kilns, Welders, etc.)
- Ventilation to outside? (laser)
- Filtration? (woodshop dust collection)

Please use this google doc form to fill out info.

http://goo.gl/forms/z8s5puVvdn

Results : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ggu11v3FmBRekqwp_hRowEaE2CIHw9ErZDTvm5Zklss/edit?usp=sharing

Any Items that are free standing (ie: HAAS Mill, Table Saws, etc. ) Should be listed on the map below. Please update it how every you can. Print it off and draw on it. I will then try to digitize it. If you can digitize it into a DXF or SVG that would be ideal.

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/File:Monetary104svg.svg

Or

Please list here what area/committee you would be willing to take on so there is no duplication of efforts.

2 Likes

I’ll handle VECTOR. Regarding “equipment” does this include storage racks, tables, and small tools? Or the pinball projects?

1 Like

I will try to get this done for you this weekend for amateur radio.

1 Like

Anything that is an asset of DMS should be on the list but I feel we can leave the “Allen Tables” off the list. Pinball machines and any personal items aren’t a concern as insurance won’t cover them and the IRS doesn’t care either because they aren’t part of our “worth”. And the only things that matter as part of our CO is if we have chemicals or any possible potential hazard to worry about.

I don’t think the pinball machines need to be listed for any of the above reasons but please go ahead and list them on the map.

As for items on loan, I have updated the form with a simple yes or no. This should be used for items “permanently” on loan like the Delta Table Saw.

This isn’t an easy process but please help out where you can. Thanks for help making YOUR Makerspace a better place.

I will coordinate with Science Committee Members and get Science’s inventory underway.

…X…

2 Likes

I’ll gather the info over the weekend for 3D Fab…

1 Like

Thanks for making the form, it is truly excellent. I’ll work on entering Foundry this weekend.

I would suggest adding item like the pinball machines to the list just for completeness. If something catastrophic should happen, I would be able to document that my personal property was on site and perhaps make a claim with my insurance. Plus it helps to know what is around that DMS is not responsible for, and sorting the spreadsheet is a quick and easy way to find those items.

2 Likes

I’ll tackle the Server Room.

1 Like

Are you including jewelry in CA? even though we now have our own area.

Jewelry is listed in the form. Please make sure your items are listed there.

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

I’ve included the following for 3D Fab (with the PCs, I did not separate the monitors, etc… Should I?)

3D Fab Design PC #1 (3DFAB-01)
3D Fab Design PC #2 (3DFAB-02)
3D Fab Design/Scanner PC #3 (3DFAB-03)
Printrbot Simple Metal with Heated Bed and Power Tower
NextEngine 2015 Ultra HD 3D Scanner
NextEngine MultiDrive
PolyPrinter 3D printer (Lefty)
PolyPrinter 3D printer (Righty)
PolyPrinter 3D printer (Far Lefty)
PolyPrinter 3D printer (Far Righty)
Prusa Mendel i2 3D Printer (Frankie)
Mendel 90
DAVID Laserscanner Starter Kit

Also, I did not include smaller items such as the calipers and other small tools, etc… Should I?

I added the Powder Coating Oven to the list. Location is shown below

I’m sorry for not doing this - I will get on it.

@uglyknees Like a good minion I’ve already done it.

3 Likes

Including the printers? If not I’ll take care of them tomorrow.

Yes, and the Vinyl cutter @PearceDunlap except I could not find a make, model or serial number. If any of these can be provided I’ll add it to the spread sheet.

Who owns the two printers and vinyl cutter, I’ll add that to the spreadsheet also.

Thanks

I think the model (GRC-76S Ultra) on the vinyl cutter can be found on the Tools Wiki page. https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Tools

-the purring dork

We really need to get the metal shop items on the list as soon as possible. I am hoping to call one more PE next week and the Building Inspector again next week.