DMS Jam Session: Sept 7th 7-10p

Play some music or just come listen or just hang out and get to know your neighbor.

Music request found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nW53-5zULVzl2xRksxM1brDrHg9BrNfJk-ACvf_jhqI/edit?usp=sharing

@Adam_Oas knows how to run this gig we’ve hosted a few parties at my house and it’s totally good times. I’m just the putter-together-er of paperwork so please chime in if you play something. This is purposefully coinciding with the pot luck so people can eat and play and listen and just enjoy.

Horribly fast poster:

@mreynolds @kpblitzen42 @brsims @HankCowdog @dryad2b @talkers
who taught the ukulele class?

3 Likes

‘T’weren’t me.

Not a clue – maybe Kee?

@Liv7301 ?
Ukulele Beginner Class

Yes, I am the one who has been teaching ukulele! I won’t be there however because that is my 40th birthday. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Very interested in future as long as talent not a prerequisite. Okay guitar poorly but enthusiastically.

Have conflict for this date though.

3 Likes

Anyone who has heard me play (badly) and sing (badly) will understand when I emphatically state that talent is NOT a requirement. I bring a small projector and put chords and lyrics up on the wall. Beatles, Queen, Eagles, Johnny Cash, U2… really just classic rock tends to go over the best.

What is required is an open mind toward learning and having fun while singing songs that hopefully everyone knows. I usually play guitar, but am willing to try just about any instrument as a fun learning experience.

Most songs will end up as train wrecks.

7 Likes

I love a good train wreck

1 Like

Hey, that’s a realistic looking miniature woman-doll …

1 Like

I make friends who are tiny and also who are big. This giving me unfair advantage everywhere I go.

2 Likes

Hmm I wonder what I should bring …

4 Likes

This is really happening. Talked to @Adam_Oas about it this weekend.

Who’s coming?

2 Likes